Vintage 1960s Harmony H 22 Hollow Body Bass Guitar Super Clean w Original Case
Click Here. Double your traffic. Get Vendio Gallery - Now FREE!
1956 HARMONY STRATOTONE NEWPORT H 42/2 METALLIC GREEN
with SOFT CARDBOARD CASE
Be sure to visit our other auctions for more vintage and antique items! Visit both of our stores: Ellis Antiques and our new store catering to stylish gals on a budget Vintage Vixen Jewelry!
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN PAST THE TEXT TO SEE ALL OF THE PICTURES !
Offered here is a 1956 Harmony Stratotone Newport Model H 42/2 electric guitar in metallic green with an old, fitted non original case. This 3/4 sized axe is in great playable condition! This is a single owner instrument & we were fortunate enough to be able to purchase it recently from its original owner.
The original rosewood bridge (which will be included for posterity) was broken and warped when we purchased it & was replaced with an exact rosewood duplicate bridge. The action at the 12th fret is 5/32", infinitely playable & easy on the fingers. The electronics are original & the back of the original pick up is stamped Sept 27, 1956.
Instrument has some light bumps & dings from 54 years of use, but overall the paint is in exceptionally clean condition. There is some edge wear particularly on the back of the instrument, but no buckle rash whatsoever. There are no major or minor issues, & in our opinion, this guitar is in exceptional condition. There is one mounting screw missing from the original pick guard, but the pick guard itself is secure & stable. This features the one piece neck & body with the "Harmometal " binding having a black plastic lining. The binding is totally intact & is in excellent condition.
This Stratotone features the thick baseball bat neck which is now in very high demand, to the point where some of these Stratotone models are now being reproduced by Eastwood.
Frets are in excellent condition with minimal wear. Original tuners are in excellent functioning condition as are the original black tuning pegs. The non original black cardboard case is in fair to good condition.
The guitar fits inside of the case snugly and the case will protect the instrument. There are some bumps & bruises on the case, which looks to be circa 1960s & is age appropriate to the guitar.
Please take the time to listen to the attached video to get an idea of what this guitar sounds like. On the demo, the instrument was played through a vintage Danelectro DM 25 mid 1960s Piggy Back tube amplifier. Here is your chance to own a vintage, extremely desirable mid 1950s solid body electric guitar at a nominal price that is ready to play & gig with! Supposedly an excellent vehicle for slide guitar, although we did not test it for that style. Jazz, rock, blues, country,---- this single, booming pickup can perform any of those styles effectively. If you have been looking for this specific model, believe us, THIS IS THE ONE TO OWN! You will not be disappointed, and being a guitarist, it is very difficult for me to sell this baby! It is that strong of a player & sounds incredible!
Marked "HARMONY STRATOTONE NEWPORT" on headstock. Guitar alone weighs in at an incredibly light 4 lbs. 2 oz.. This will be packed professionally by us & shipped in the most expedient & safe manner as we want you to receive this in the exact same condition it is in currently.
Measures approximately 36 5/16" long, 11" wide and 1 5/16" thick. Neck measures 17 5/16" long x 2 3/8" wide at the 19th fret. Neck at 1st fret measures 1 3/4" wide. Depth of neck is approx 1 1/4" thick.
PLEASE BOOKMARK OUR PAGE, AS WE BE LISTING MORE VINTAGE GUITARS IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
COMING UP IN THE NEAR FUTURE: 1951 BLONDE FENDER TELECASTER, 1962 GIBSON ES 345 TD STEREO IN CHERRY RED, 1959/1960 EPIPHONE TRIUMPH ARCHTOP IN TOBACCO SUNBURST, 1960 GIBSON LG 0 ACOUSTIC, AND A 1965 SILVERTONE U1 BASS GUITAR WITH DOLPHIN HEAD AND SINGLE LIPSTICK PICKUP, AS WELL AS SOME OTHER VINTAGE MUSICAL EQUIPMENT!
Shipping insurance is included.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US at 856-854-6346
Come visit our beautiful store in historic Collingswood, NJ!
Why Should You Buy From Ellis Antiques?
1. Generational business starting 1921.
2. Over 40 years combined experience in antiques & jewelry
3. Family run business
4. Great individual service - accommodating and helpful to any questions or concerns.
6. We take pride in our quick processing, and great care in packaging our antique items to insure their safe arrival.
7. We have a wonderful selection of inumerable items, from many different era's and in many different styles. We take our time carefully researching and listing each object with the greatest amount of detail and reference.
8. We value your business and hope to facilitate an enjoyable and pleasant retail experience!
9. We have been on the internet since 1998, with a brick & mortar storefront in historic Collingswood NJ since 1992 that you can visit! Access the "Me" page for more information on where we are located.
10. We repair costume jewelry in house. If a part falls out or breaks, you can send it back and we will repair it.
11. Questions on any items? Just give us a call, the phones are always live.
DOMESTIC: US SHIPPING
- Credit card transactions are accepted through PayPal for Domestic Buyers.
- Buyer to pay all shipping charges. A minimum handling fee of $3.00 to $4.00 is included in stated shipping cost. Excessively large & or heavy items are subject to additional packaging handling charges.
- Delivery Confirmation is included for domestic packages, free of charge!
- We rely on USPS & Fedex for domestic shipping, therefore shipping times vary.
- Fedex is less expensive for heavy/bulky items delivered to further zones from NJ. Delivery can take longer since there are limitations on pick up times.
- We generally ship items on Wednesday and Friday of every week.
- Other shipping options are available including express shipping; please contact us for more info.
- PAYPAL is accepted
- A minimum handling fee of $5.00 is included in stated shipping cost. Excessively large & or heavy items are subject to additional packaging handling charges.
- International Buyers Please Note:
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
- These charges are normally collected by the delivering shipping company or when you pick the item up do not confuse them for additional shipping charges. We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as gifts
US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior
- If there are any discrepancies between photos and text, please email before purchasing or bidding. We represent items the best way possible with detailed images and all photos are representative of the text.
- We represent each and every item to the best of our professional ability, with 40+ years experience. If an item is unsigned, your bidding on this item is an agreement and acceptance of our terms and reference to makers. If you have questions please inquire during this auction. We will be happy to answer any inquiries.
- If the winning bidder does not respond within 7 days after the end of the auction, we reserve the right to sell the lot to another party, void the sale or re-list the item. An Unpaid Item Reminder warning will be filed after 7 days if we don't hear from or receive payment from the winning bidder.
- Please feel free to contact us with any questions; we try to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours!
- We try to describe each item as accurately as possible or will have enough photos to show condition. There are no returns for buyers remorse. Returns are only accepted for errors in description.
- Non disclosure of a manufacturing defect, firing flaw, ping, craze line, or something small which we deem unimportant on anything we sell is not considered by us to be a misrepresentation of condition. These conditions can possibly exist in pieces we represent to be in excellent condition. If we neglect to describe something we feel is insignificant, we will not accept the item back. We sell antiques & collectibles & due to their nature, they are rarely perfect!
- If we accept your return, we will issue a refund upon receipt of your item provided that it is returned in its original packaging & is in the same condition as it was when it was sent. We will not refund return shipping fees unless we sent you an incorrect item.
Visited 1 time
Popular Ads Overall
- No ads viewed yet.